The Official GGs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

weekly top five

Go down 
+5
Auriga
Crysttail
Lumos
AxleGear
nightmare
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nightmare
Admin
nightmare

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:50 pm

i had a thought: every week i'll give a subject like favorite movies or top vacation spots, and people give their top five for the weekly subject. (this can help us learn a little more about each other) if you want you can also say why.

this week; favorite game characters
my list:
5. English Teacher (LIT)
the english teacher was the first boss in the wiiware game LIT. from the moment she came out of the shadows on the chalkboard all the way to when she gets pulled into the floor by those same shadows she landed a spot on my list.

4.GENO (mario rpg: legend of the seven stars)
this little star warrior, turned puppet, turned mario ally may have only been in one game, but to me that adds to the charm. he was widely requested for super smash brothers brawl and has a small fan base. the only problem is: squaresoft won't let him go.

3.Zobio and Zobiko (house of the dead ex)
i will count this as a partner character. these two automatically lose their charm if they are seperated. zobio and zobiko are two zombies who escape their evil scientist captor and go through zany situations to be free together. if you play sonic racing transformed on the graveyard gig level you can see them get married too.

2.NiGHTS (NiGHTS into dreams)
i won't say much about this one except that he/she protects dreams from his/her own kind. he/she has my respect.

1.Midna (legend of zelda: twilight princess)
all i can say is the little imp grew on me and i was sad to see her go at the end (i cried, because it was a beutiful ending). i was excited though to see her come back as an assist trophy in smash bros for wii u and 3ds
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:55 pm

5. Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)
He's an Air Pirate that wields dual cutlasses, can control lightning (if his S.Attack animations are any indicator), and fights for what's right. Plus, he's a total bad-ass.

4. Amaterasu (Ōkami)
She's the mightiest, most honored goddess in Nippon. But she's also a wolf. She's cute, funny, and can kick some serious demon tail!

3. Tiny Tina (Borderlands 2)
The world's most dangerous 13-year-old. She's borderline psychotic, loves explosions, and despite being covered in dirt and grime, she's still adorable. (Well, as adorable as an bomb-obsessed 13-year-old psycho can be)

2. Flandre Scarlet (Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)
Another crazy chick, but this one's a 495-year-old vampire girl that has never seen the world outside her sister's basement. She's childish and loves to play, but she has such immense power that her "playing" could kill hundreds.

1. Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
This poor angel goes through a lot of punishment, and still manages to be upbeat and optimistic. Plus, equipped with the right gear, he can tear through Underworld forces like a shredder. He may not be the strongest, but he's got the most respect from me.

Honorable mentions:
Samus (Metroid)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Gaige (Borderlands 2)
Issun (Ōkami)
Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)
N (Pokémon)
Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Waluigi (Mario series)
Back to top Go down
https://theggs.forumotion.com
nightmare
Admin
nightmare

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyMon May 12, 2014 11:40 pm

this weeks topic: video games

5. madworld (wii)
the game is entirely in black and white except for the blood. your goal is to get through the levels by getting points, you get these points by killing people

4. super mario world (snes)
this game made it on my list because it is the first game i remember playing as well as enjoying

3. geist (gc)
this game made you die, only to scare and possess other people (just so they can die). for a rated m nintendo game, it wasn't that bad. it also had a fun two player mode.

2. legend of zelda: twilight princess (gc/wii)
this game managed to reignite my love for zelda games. it also introduced one of my favorite characters of all tim: midna

1. luigi's mansion (gc)
yet another gamecube game. we get to go through a haunted mansion sucking up memorable ghosts, let's see mario do that. also just gonna go out and say it, the sequel was NOT as good as the first one.
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:50 pm

I could easily fill this entire list with GameCube games, so I'm limiting myself to one game per console.

5. EarthBound (SNES/Wii U Virtual Console)
This game deserves a lot more recognition than it gets. Most people only know about it because Ness is in Super Smash Bros. EarthBound's quirky sense of humor, memorable music and characters, and unforgettable nightmare-fuel final boss cements its spot as the best RPG of all time.

4. Kirby Air Ride (GCN)
Is it bad that I like a spin-off game better than the main series? Air Ride was one of my first games, and I remember spending hundreds of hours racing, battling, and generally having a good time. This game deserves a re-release on the Wii or Wii U.

3. Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
I wasn't a fan of Kid Icarus until I played this game. It has endless customization and replay value, an amazing cast of characters, and, best of all, it never really takes itself too seriously, constantly leaning on the fourth wall and occasionally outright breaking it.

2. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS)
I love puzzle games and point-and-click adventures, and this game combines the two and wraps them up in an amazing and heartwarming story of love, loss, and time travel. (I can't say any more without major spoilers)

1. Ōkami (Wii)
Everything about this game is perfection. Unique control scheme, beautiful visuals, memorable characters, a fantastic story, not too easy or difficult, not too long or short, and it's full of mythology references. It's easily my favorite game of all time.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Admin
nightmare

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Top Anime Couples
5.Dita x Hibiki (Vandread)
These two fought through the extreme sexism to be together
4.Moka x Tsukune (Rosario Vampire)
Human and vampire without sparkling and without the cold stares of Kristen Stewert
3.Yuno x Yuki (Future Diary)
This is the only cold blooded murderous couple that I think belong here
2.Rukia x Ichigo (Bleach)
I might get some shit for this one because of ichigo and orihime but rukia actually changed ichigos life so... Yeah
1.Hinata x Naruto (Naruto)
I have supported this couple from a young age I mean really she was the first to truly care for him
Back to top Go down
Lumos
Admin
Lumos

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyWed May 21, 2014 10:45 pm

5. Misaki X Usui (Kaichou wa Maid-sama)
The first pairing I actually supported.

4. InuYasha X Kagome (InuYasha)
The entire plot may as well be a filler compared to the romance between these two.

3. Erza X Jellal (Fairy Tail)
A tale of love, loss, and findings

2. Karin X Kenta (Karin/Chibi Vampire)
So heartwarming, you just might melt.

1. Asuna X Kirito (Sword Art Online)
They were made for each other.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Admin
nightmare

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Sorry about last week. I just had to prepare for this.
Top f***ed up anime's
This could be for any reason like messed up stories, scenes, or characters
5.Attack on Titan
When something sad is happening (ex. Erens mother being eaten) I don't want to catch myself laughing because of how stupid the thing looks.
4.Shiki
Seeing a man experiment on a vampire only to put a stake through its heart AND ask for help cleaning the mess made me feel sorry for vampires.
3.Rosario Vampire
I love the series don't get me wrong, but no average guy can get his own harem AND stay a virgin
2.Highschool of the Dead
Good series (which I watched for the plot) but let's get this straight we have: a dumb nurse, a fat nerd, a smart rich girl, the helpless girl, the psyco girl, a little girl, and the guy no one liked until the zombies came... And let's not mention the cult leader teacher.
1.Corpse Party
Just watched this one tonight and guess what, had me disturbed from the first moment. DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH. It did more damage in four episodes than two one direction concerts.

Huge honorable mention to future diary for making me regret not being in the series to change the events.
Back to top Go down
Crysttail

Crysttail

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:25 pm

I can only think of one, but this one is so demented it takes up all five spots on the list.

ELFEN LIED.

You wanna know how sick and twisted this show is?
23 people die in the first two minutes of the first episode.
TWENTY THREE PEOPLE IN TWO MINUTES.

The story revolves around mutant creatures called "diclonius" that have horns and can manipulate invisible appendages known as "vectors". They wish to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with only diclonii. However, when a human male is attacked by a diclonius's vector, he is infected with the "vector virus" and their children will be born as a special subspecies of diclonius known as a "silpelit". Silpelits are always born female and infertile, and the only diclonius that can reproduce is the queen, Lucy (also known as Kaede and Nyu, and she's so kawaii whenever she's not on a murderous rampage).

But who cares about all that? In the end, the body count of the show approaches a hundred dead, and that's just on-screen kills. It's been said that Lucy alone has killed over 10,000 people! I was immediately repulsed by this, but I had to watch the whole series on a dare, so I pushed through. There's only 13 episodes, but it's the most extreme mood roller-coaster in existence. It's been said that if you enjoyed watching this show, you need serious psychiatric help.

tl;dr
Extreme amounts of gore, death, occasional sexual content, and 23 DIE IN THE FIRST 2 MINUTES. (I can't get over that. I may be scarred for life.)
DO NOT WATCH (unless you're a serious masochist)
Back to top Go down
Auriga
Admin
Auriga

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:05 am

nightmare has given me the permission to post a Top-5 list.
This time it is about music.
You can either post your...
A. Top 5 songs (any kind. Can be from an anime series, movie, TV show, and etc.)
B. Top 5 songs from one of your favourite bands
C. Top 5 bands

My top 5 songs (out of many more in my Spotify playlist)

5. Do You Want to Know a Secret? (Beatles)
This 1963 song by The Beatles has a very catchy melody. This song plays many times in my head throughout the day.

4. Hotel California (Eagles)
I can always imagine listening to this song while on the beach during a spectacular sunset. It is absolutely a relaxing song, and the guitar solo at the end is probably the best part.

3. Sugar, Sugar (The Archies)
This song has that unique beat and unique lyrics that makes it instantly catchy. It was made in 1969, and it is one of the best songs that has ever been stuck in my head.

2. How Deep is Your Love (Bee Gees)
Out of the many love songs I have heard, this one wins the award. Its lyrics and melodies are both deep and beautiful at the same time.  

1. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Pink Floyd)
Ah... Pink Floyd. They are fantastic, and this song is one of their best performances out of many. It has 9 parts, but in the album Wish You Were Here, the entire song is split into two parts. (1 to 5 and then 6 to 9) The combined song length is about 26 minutes. Everything in the song is fantastic. The lyrics, the melody, and the instrumental portions all combine to create this godlike song.

Honorable mentions:
When I'm 64 (Beatles): This song is very catchy. It is said that this was the song that inspired the store music in Earthbound.
Imagine (John Lennon): The message in this song is extremely powerful. No wonder it was so controversial back then.
...and many, many more...

Last edited by BaseTwo on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crysttail

Crysttail

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 3:10 pm

You've got good taste in music, Base.

My top 5 list is gonna be kinda weird. It's... well, you'll see why.

5. Take On Me (A-Ha)
It's so catchy, you can't help but sing along.

4. World is Mine (Miku Hatsune)
Yeah, I like Vocaloid. Deal with it.

3. Midna's Lament (TLoZ: Twilight Princess)
The song combined with the scene makes for a touching moment of gaming greatness.

2. Anything Goes! (Maki Ohguro)
I love the lyrics. They're inspiring.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
I know it's cliched, but it's true. Probably the best song of all time.
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 6:17 pm

My Top 5 Beatles Songs
(Does not include any solo works)

5. Revolution

4. Yesterday

3. Here Comes the Sun

2. And Your Bird Can Sing

1. Let It Be
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Admin
nightmare

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 8:35 pm

First off I want to thank basetwo for taking over while I was offline.
Second:this week's question is more along the lines of five reasons why. So would you rather live in the video game world or anime world?
Back to top Go down
Sonico

Sonico

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:48 pm

I'd rather live in the video game world. Specifically, the world of Fire Emblem. I've always been a huge fan of Fire Emblem, and I've often thought about what class I'd be best as. I've decided that I'd be a Valkyrie. On horseback, I would keep my allies alive with healing staves and decimate my foes with the ancient magic of tomes.
Back to top Go down
Sonico

Sonico

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Nightmare has allowed me to post my own Top 5. This has been on my mind for quite a while now, and I'd like to know...

What are your top 5 favorite TV shows?

Now, given that we have a rather diverse group here, it's fairly obvious that we might not know of the shows mentioned. Therefore, I'd like to make an additional request. Please add a link to any informational page about your given shows. I've used the power of editing to make the titles of my top 5 into the links. Click a title to go to its Wikipedia page.

My top 5 TV shows:

5. Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii (The World is Still Beautiful)
The Princess of the Rain, Nike, is set to marry the King of the Sun, Rivius. However, Rivius turns out to be a child and demands that Nike call forth the rains. When she refuses, Nike is thrown in jail. However, the two begin to develop a real emotional connection.

4. Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono
Kind of an odd one. It's animated entirely in MikuMikuDance, the program used for Vocaloid animation.

3. Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger (ToQGer)
The latest installment in the Super Sentai series, of which I am a big fan. Five childhood friends suddenly wake up on the magical Rainbow Line, which can only be seen by those with great Imagination. The five, who have developed amnesia, become the ToQGers to battle the evil Shadow Line and protect the world from darkness. Full speed ahead!

2. Ultraman Ginga
Another tokusatsu show. All of the Ultramen and Kaijin have been turned into Spark Dolls and scattered in the universe. Hikaru Raidou finds the Ginga Spark, allowing him to become Ultraman Ginga and giving him the power to restore the Spark Dolls.

1. Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun (Eight Dogs of the East)
Based on the epic 106-volume tale of Nansou Satomi Hakkenden (The Eight-Dog Chronicles). Shino Inuzuka, one of three survivors of a plague which decimated their village, possesses the demon blade Murasame within his body. When his friend Hajime is kidnapped by the Imperial Church (who is searching for Murasame), Shino meets Satomi Rio, a member of the Church. She tells Shino to find the eight Bead Holders and bring them to her.
Back to top Go down
Ryder

Ryder

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Top 5 TV shows? For me, that question translates to Top 5 Kamen Rider series. I am an absolute freak for Kamen Rider. Titles link to Wiki pages, catchphrases link to intro sequences.

5. Kamen Rider Kuuga
The first of the Heisei era Riders, Kuuga is a simple, understated series in comparison to the super-flashy series of today, but it's still good. Especially the intro. Dear God, that intro.
No Fear! No Pain! Chou Henshin!

4. Kamen Rider Kiva
Darker and edgier than most other Riders and focusing on an anti-hero rather than a goody-goody. Kiva is loved by some and hated by others.
Wake Up! Sadame no kusari o tokihanate!

3. Kamen Rider Fourze
Very, very much lighter than most Riders. Fourze is action-packed, but still manages to be really goofy.
Seishun Switch On de uchū kitā! (Couldn't find an intro sequence for this one. Sorry, guys.)

2. Kamen Rider Decade
Decade is a strange one. It manages to roll up all nine of the previous Rider series and adds in a tenth one, without being incredibly confusing. A lot of people don't like it, but I do.
Subete o hakaishi, subete o tsunage!

1. Kamen Rider Ryuki
As evidenced by my profile picture, I love Ryuki. I love the idea of Riders battling with cards in a mirror dimension. It was also the first Kamen Rider I ever watched.
Advent! Tatakawanakereba, ikinokorenai!
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:54 pm

5. Doctor Who
A fantastic sci-fi horror show from the UK. If you haven't heard of Doctor Who, you've been living under a rock!

4. The Big Bang Theory
Possibly the only thing in the world geekier than I am.

3. Super Sentai
Yes, all of them. I used to watch Power Rangers, and when I found out about the wonderful world of subbed TV, I immediately switched over to Sentai and never looked back.

2. Kamen Rider
Again, all of them (except Hibiki and Kiva). I recently started watching Kamen Rider, and was instantly hooked. I've watched the entirety of seven different Riders, and am up-to-date on the current one.

*FLAME SHIELD READY*

Prepare for controversy...:
Back to top Go down
Kupo

Kupo

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Whoa, Digi. That's a lot of text hidden in that spoiler. I had no idea that MLP was so deep. After reading that, I think I'll give the show a fair chance. I'd always dismissed it as no different than the MLP that my sister used to watch years ago, but if it's really that good, I'll give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you, Kupo. I hope you find it as fascinating and life-changing as I did. After I started watching, I began living my life differently. I started living by the Elements of Harmony. Generosity, Honesty, Loyalty, Kindness, and Laughter. Since then, my life has improved incredibly. I made new friends, had more fun with my old friends, and was generally in a better mood. Now, I've got all of these wonderful friends, online and off. I am eternally thankful for Lauren Faust, who taught me that friendship truly is magic.
Back to top Go down
Kupo

Kupo

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Wow. Just... Wow. I watched the first two episodes... Wow.

I think it's safe to say that I'm a believer now.
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Heheh. Welcome to the herd, Kupo. You're gonna have a great time.
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Enough with the pony stuff, guys. We don't want to scare away the others.

My top 5 shows

5. 24

4. Lost

3. American Horror Story

2. The Twilight Zone

1. The X-Files

I'm a pretty big fan of the mystery/horror genre.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Admin
nightmare

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:06 pm

It's been a while since I posted a top five so here it is: top five smash brothers characters
5. Doctor Mario
To me this fighter was superior to the original
4.Link
The hero of time and twilight is also a hero on the battle field
3.Kirby
I love fighting as all of them, with Kirby this is brought to the extreme
2. Villager
When I found out he would be a fighter I was thrown for a loop, I tried him out and loved his style
1.mii
One thing I have always wanted to do is join the fight, and now I have
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:25 pm

5. Meta Knight
"Victory... is my destiny."
He was the first newcomer I played in Brawl, and he's stuck with me ever since.

4. Captain Falcon
"Show me ya moves!"
Who doesn't love Captain Falcon? FALCON PUNCH!!

3. Wii Fit Trainer
"Good posture begins with a strong base."
She's so out of place in Smash Bros that I can't help but love her.

2. Ness
"PK Flash! PK Fire! PK Thunder!"
I've always loved EarthBound, so it goes without saying that I love Ness.

1. Shulk
"This is the Monado's power!"
Shulk deserves so much more attention. His game, Xenoblade Chronicles, is one of the greatest RPGs ever.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Admin
nightmare

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Alright I'm gonna go off my lat list to start this new list: top 5 most wanted characters for smash
5.ghirahim
This man could play very well in smash, we get to see a little of that in his assist trophy
4.black mage
Yes he's square enix but he fit in so well in Mario sports mix
3.midna
She is a total beast in hyrule warriors and she can put up a good fight in smash
1.geno & krystal
These two are tied for first because I would love either to be playable again and have so many different possibilities for attacks
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Admin
nightmare

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:28 pm

I really should make these monthly but here we go:
Top five things you want to do before you die
5.skydiving
4.own a house with a view of the sea
3.stand umong men who lived lives to the fullest
2.inspire someone
1.love someone for the rest of my life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weekly top five Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly top five   weekly top five Empty

Back to top Go down