The Official GGs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should I start over?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

Should I start over? Empty
PostSubject: Should I start over?   Should I start over? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:36 pm

I've always been a huge fan of the Animal Crossing series, ever since I first played the GameCube version. I've been playing New Leaf a lot lately. The problem is, I'm getting bored of the same monotonous routine every day. I need a change, but I also want advice.

Should I clear my New Leaf save file and start fresh in a new town? Don't get me wrong, I'll always treasure the memories i made in Inaba, but... Well, for a long time, I didn't actually play the game. For about two months, from mid-January to mid-March, I rarely played. As a result, most of the villagers I got along with moved away, including my best friend Puddles. The animals that replaced them are... sorta bland. The only remaining original resident of Inaba is Kyle, and I kinda get the vibe that he wants to move away, too. Sure, I'll lose all of my Bells, my completed house, my items, and so on. But isn't that the point of starting fresh?

Writing this, I'm beginning to lean towards restarting my New Leaf life. But I still want you guys' opinions on the matter. What do you say?
Back to top Go down
https://theggs.forumotion.com
Sonico

Sonico

PostSubject: Re: Should I start over?   Should I start over? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:08 pm

It's not really my place to tell you what to do, but I think you should keep your town. I still consistently play my Wild World, even though it's gotten really boring (I've completed the Museum, fully upgraded and furnished my house, and generally done everything I can think of doing). I keep playing it because of the nostalgia value, and because it gives me a sense of responsibility. Someone has to keep the town in good shape! But, again, the choice is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Lumos
Admin
Lumos

PostSubject: Re: Should I start over?   Should I start over? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:11 pm

As I always like to say, out with the old and in with the new. If you feel like starting over, then do it.
Back to top Go down
Crysttail

Crysttail

PostSubject: Re: Should I start over?   Should I start over? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 pm

I would say start over, but keep a record of your villagers, achievements, and such for nostalgia purposes.
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

PostSubject: Re: Should I start over?   Should I start over? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:08 pm

You know what? That's perfect, Crysttail. I'm going to do that, and keep the record right here on the forum.

Inaba Records

Mayor
J.P.

Residents
Faith (alternate player)
Tex
Winnie
Cyrano
Flo
Goldie
Kyle
Kevin
Astrid
Poncho

Mayor J.P. took office on August 6, 2013

Ordinance
Keep Inaba Beautiful

Public Works projects
Trash can
Cafe
Windmill
Fence
Suspension bridge
Cobblestone bridge
Campsite
Yellow bench
Lighthouse (unfinished)

Museum
Fossil exhibit completed

Main Street
T.I.Y.
Shampoodle
Club LOL
Dream suite
Kicks'
Museum expansion

Home
All rooms obtained
Main room: Sleek series
2nd floor: Astro series
Basement: Japanese theme
North room: Modern Wood series (unfinished)
East room: Empty
West room: Kiddie series (unfinished)

It's been nice living in Inaba, but it's time to start fresh. Goodbye, Inaba. You will live on forever in my heart.
Back to top Go down
AxleGear
Admin
AxleGear

PostSubject: Re: Should I start over?   Should I start over? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Had to reset a few times to get a map that I'm happy with, but I've officially started over. My new town is named Gearberg, and I am its new mayor, Axton.

The town's residents are Winnie, Lyman, Nate, Baabara, and Skye. (Winnie was also in Inaba, and Baabara is a former resident of Inaba.) Gearberg has a wide-open area in the west, perfect for an orchard or flower garden, while the river runs from near the bottom of the eastern border, winds upward to the center of the town, then down to the middle of the southern border. The plaza is in the southwest, and Re-Tail and Town Hall are both along the eastern side of town. I've set my residence in between Re-Tail and Town Hall for convenience's sake. There are several ponds nearby as well, so I can easily fish and sell my catches at Re-Tail. Let's get started.

[I'll occasionally post status updates on Gearberg here.]
Back to top Go down
Crysttail

Crysttail

PostSubject: Re: Should I start over?   Should I start over? EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:57 pm

You have Nate? He's my favorite villager! You're so lucky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I start over?   Should I start over? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I start over?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official GGs Forum :: Social-
Jump to: